Subject: Re: foot in mouth (was: Re: [Leica] Hey.....HEY YOURSELF)
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 14:54:30 -0500

> On Fri, 27 April 2001, someone wrote:
>

>> "Sexist behaviour"?
>> Lea, may I be first to apologise for this rude person, who
>> not only is unable to write a charmant 'hello' to someone
>> new on this group, but also unable to appreciate woman
>> when he meets her... Probably an American; I heard they
>> cannot invite a woman on lunch without getting sued! :-)
>> But I can assure you it is an exception. We are not only
>> independent souls but also wise and gay ones, as you will
>> see in future.
>> Be welcome !!! And lot of light to you !!!!!!!
>>

> This writer (you know who you are) really put his foot in his mouth this
> time.  John Collier, one of the LUG's shining lights, is Canadian, not
> American, and the meaning of the word "gay" has changed in the last 30
> years.  In reference to present culture it no longer means "joyous and
> lively" (Webster's New World Dictionary).
>
> In North America it is not considered rude for men to treat women with
respect.

> Lea, welcome to the group.
>
> Doug Herr
> Birdman of Sacramento
> http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Doug,

Pleeze! Lighten up, the "writer" lives in Poland and is still learning
English and I doubt that he meant any disrespect to anybody.

sl

Replies: Reply from Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com> (Re: foot in mouth (was: Re: [Leica] Hey.....HEY YOURSELF))
Reply from "Sonny Carter" <sonc@sonc.com> (Re: foot in mouth (was: Re: [Leica] Hey.....HEY YOURSELF))