Subject: Re: [Leica] What - 30 sec ?
From: Christer Almqvist <christer@almqvist.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 12:39:38 +0200

>I have been successful at holding 1 sec with Leicas ever since I started
>with a IIIg in 1957.  The secret is in the breathing and the use of support
>obtained from leaning against a frame or at least using bone support rather
>than muscle support.   Now, I carry a bean bag that my wife made for me.
>They work great whether against a vertical frame or a horizontal plane.
>
>Highly recommended.

Roland,

I'll get a bean bag. For longer exposures I have tried to brace the
camera directly against a wall or a window frame or a car or
something, but that limits the angle at which you can shoot. With a
bean bag that should be no problem any more. These long exposure
shots are well worth a try, the only thing one might lose is a few
negatives. For me fast exposures are 125th and shorter, and long
exposures start at 1/8 or even 1/4. 1/15th is certainly normal for me.

Chris
- --
Christer Almqvist
D-20255 Hamburg, Germany and/or