Subject: RE: [Leica] Hopelessly Behind - an idea!
From: Colin Vozeh <colin@longitude.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 10:27:36 -0400

The digital world has a similar problem, with an excellent solution.
Projects like SETI, RC5, UD and others use "distributed computing" to employ
massive amounts of computers to process even more massive amounts of data.
Perhaps we could have a modest amount of LUGgers take individual chunks of
your data (film) and edit/print it for you.  We could call it the Leica
Editing Project, or LEP for short.  Those of us participating could be the
LEPers!  In time, every LUGger could submit more data to the pool after we
work through all of Tina's stuff.  We could even have teams, like "Dr. Joe's
Sweatshop,"  "Mark & Ted's Print for Arthritis Campaign," "Kyle and the
Anti-Cemeteric Goths," and so on.  Those who process the most work will be
rewarded with funny hats (used), expired rolls of Tri-X, sharp sticks in the
eye, and best of all, the recognition of dozens of fellow LEPers, half-blind
and dazed from too many loupes and too much Urinol, pounding their keyboards
in a fog on Thursday mornings after being up until 3 AM printing things they
don't remember shooting.  Start packing up that film to send out, Tina -
salvation is at hand! :)

C.