Subject: Re: [Leica] Photo Labels
From: "mdelman" <mdelman@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 06:33:49 -0400

If you have a film scanner you might consider scanning the images and naming
each one on the computer.  You can then print out a page of thumbnail size
pictures that will look almost like contact sheets and each image will have
the name of the file under it ("ThumbsPlus" is the name of the program).
The upside of this solution is that you have both a digital and analog
record and your are not marking any of the photos themselves. The downside
is that it is labor intensive.

Future high tech solutions --- It is possible to record information in the
photo which is invisible to the naked eye but can be retrieved via scanner
and computer algorithms.  There are a number of companies that are capable
of doing this including Digimark and Kodak.  Professional photographers are
using something like this now to record copy right information in the photo.

Best of luck

- -Mark