Subject: Re: [Leica] Neopan 400
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 08:22:11 -0700

Gunalan Sengalrayan wrote:

> mark,
>
> how much of stock solution do you use for a roll?
>
> according to Kodak's literature, for a 1:3 dilution they recommend at least
> 100ml of stock.
>
> regards
> guna

I gleefully ignore that advice from Kodak, Guna!
The only time i use a stronger dilution is with Delta 3200 which i run 1:1.

The only advantage to following this 100 ml per roll advice is if you are just
as likely to put one roll in a tank as several and don't want to compute
different times for the different situations.
I've had no problem compensating for that.

I tend to fill my one or two liter metal tanks with 4 or 8 rolls of 35mm film.
And/or the 120 equivalent.

When i very seldom run less rolls I'll just pull back a few minutes and all
seems to be well.
Pint tanks annoy me, I think a liter tank is optimal!

Mark Rabiner
to be continued....

Portland, Oregon
USA