Subject: Re: [Leica] film curling
From: "clive sanbrook" <clive.sanbrook@virgin.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 10:48:41 +0100

Doug,

I dry most of my films the same way and although I get a slight curl it's
only about the same as films that I've managed to dry in a proper drying
cabinet.  I  do tend to put the negatives in filing sheets before I scan
them but if put face down on a table the centre would still be about 1/8" or
so (3 to 4mm) higher than the edges.  It seems about the same whether its
E6,C41 or B/W

I always dip the film in highly diluted wetting agent as the last thing
before taking it off the spiral and hanging it up -

Hope this comparison helps - sorry I can't throw any more light on your
problem - I dont know the Epson scanner - do you cut the film into 6's
before you load it or does it take the whole roll? Is there anywhere there
where you can change what you do?  I,ve used both Nikon and Artek negative
holders and don't have any problem with scratching the emulsion

Regards

Clive Sanbrook