Subject: [Leica] Re: [SP] River and street
From: "Stanislaw B.A. Stawowy" <watteau@krakow.neurosoft.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 11:02:58 +0200

Thank you for comments.

This was rather a kind of experiment than a real exhibition.
I spotted a Winogrand's story somewhere on the web, with
stories, telling that he stored his negatives for very
long to forget all emotions attached to making them.
When he finally developed those rolls, he could be able
to judge better his negative, without any personal influence.

River.jpg was shoot when I was returning home from first
(in my life..) motorcycle riding in motorcycle school.
I felt with love with Suzuki GN 250 I was riding, I had
no problems and no instructor (I was given a motorcycle
+ helmet and told to ride everywhere, but not go
outside the school gates. I didn't managed to say:
"yes, but I can't ride a motorcycle at all! Even a car!"
so I had to learn it the hard way :-) So I was very happy
that day and spotted river boat with pretty reflection
of it in the water. Sky was starry, some moon (twas
2 days ago!) and pretty warm (+12 degrees C). So I like
this photo, even more than Street.jpg ....

Och, I have to learn a lot! And don't expect to be a
really good photographer. But I can at least try to be
a better snapshooter, even if my photos won't show up
in any newspaper nor gallery. Again, thank you for
comments, these are very, very valuabe for me!
- -----
                                St.
                     (Stanislaw B.A. Stawowy)
              http://www.geocities.com/Stanislaw_Stawowy
            Echelon/Carnivore lines: Bob Black, Hakim Bey,
           Ralph Klein, Sabotage in the American Workplace