Subject: Re: [Leica] Will Glue Sniffing Hurt?
From: "Michael E. Bérubé" <MEB@goodphotos.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 18:34:27 -0400

At 05:32 PM 4/5/01 -0400, Marc James Small wrote:
>Heavens, Michael!  Are you operating under the assumption that thieves are
>literate?  I represent these guys for a living:  trust me, they are,
>uniformly, dumb as dishwater.

Alas, this IS mostly paranoia on my part left over from days living in more
"civilized" areas of the nation. Being mostly woods and very small towns,
Maine has an infinitesimally small "face to face" robbery rate. What
thieves we do have, may not be well read, but are generally smart enough to
realise that in Maine they are vastly outgunned by the well armed populace
at large. The "not knowing who is and isn't" part seems to keep thieves all
better employed in the cultured & police protected metro areas to the south.
Me, I now just always carry a 35mm. 2 in fact.
:)
MeBé

Message from "Robert D. Baron" <rbaron@concentric.net> ([Leica] Will Glue Sniffing Hurt Film?)