Subject: Re: [Leica] Low Light Lens Dilemma: 35 Lux or Noctilux?
From: "George Kenney" <georgekenney@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 00:26:00 -0400

If you want a cool lens, the Noctilux is a no-brainer.

35 is OK (I have the Summilux ASPH) but is 'ordinary' compared
with the Noctilux. The Noctillux has character, is original, and is
very forgiving. The 35 is great, makes you work. But you'll not
regret going for the gusto! And read Irwin. The Nocti can function
quite well in other than low light, contrary to its stereotype. Depends
on your personality, but I use mine quite a bit from dawn to dusk,
mounted on a late model M3.

For Jazz bars/clubs, which I gave up about twenty years ago, I don't
think there's a contest. The Noctilux hands down!!

G.