Subject: [Leica] Re: 35mm M Summicron ASPH lens-flare
From: Andrew Nemeth <azn@nemeng.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 05:00:07 +1100

Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>

> I routinely shoot contre-jour with the sun right in
> the frame or just outside it, and I have no problems.
> It makes me think either some other piece of glass in
> the system is causing the flare, or there is something
> wrong with the lens

I forgot to mention that I did not use any kind of filter,
let alone a UV.  And both the front and back of the glass
was microfibre cloth super-clean.  :?)

The lens is brand new and it works fine in other lighting
conditions, but obviously it is flare prone and so when
the Australian sun is out, I have to be careful.

Regds,

Andrew Nemeth

<http://4020.net>    -> photos, 360° panoramic vrs, sounds
<http://nemeng.com>  -> vr java applets, leica faq, tech info