Subject: RE: [Leica] Newbie- 35 & 50 lens choices and M6 vs G2
From: Félix López de Maturana <fmaturana@inicia.es>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 15:34:39 +0100

Finally, are there any current or former Contax G users out there who would
care to comment on switching to Leica, or adding Leica to their "arsenal."

Hellow John,

I am owner and user of a G2 kit with 21,28,45 and 90mm lenses and as soon as
it arrives a 26mm Hologon, and from last Xmas I got a M6 with a 50mm
Summicron f:2. Other ASPH are coming in a next future.

I am happy with the Contax equipment and I can use it in my travels getting
nice pics. Sometimes focusing and metering is not perfect but coming from
the world of SLR autofocus this was not new for me. The surprise was to find
out the extraordinary Zeiss quality on a modern camera, as I already knew it
by my other equipment like Hasselblad, Rollei and SuperIkonta. For two years
I have been using Contax  with pleasure and, good results but perhaps the
average pics failures is bigger than other cameras.

Moving to Leica is to recover the pleasure of photographying. The results
are not substantially better than Contax but the camera is smart, nice and
pleasant to use and you take your time for see the photographs. I think that
is another phylosophy. Economically I do not believe that is a good idea as
lenses from Leica are outrageously more expensive but if you like Leica
more, make the move. I am going to build up a Leica system with the help of
this list, including the 12mm Voigtländer whatever had to be the name of
this nice lens,  but never will abandon the Contax gear IMHO the best ratio
quality/price I know.

Kind regards

Felix