Subject: Re: [Leica] Week 11 (Julian)
From: "Michael E. Bérubé" <MEB@goodphotos.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 18:12:07 -0500

At 07:13 PM 3/16/01 +0100, Julian Thomas wrote:
>Week 11 up at http://www.zing.com/album/?id=4293130051
>Comments critiques always welcome!

Julian,

I don't want to be too critical on this because likely my critique just
reflects my own more narrow viewpoint. You've shot some stuff for PAW so
far that I really like, but I just don't 'get' this weeks image. (Maybe I
don't even get the whole idea of "street photography.") Is it like unto the
Jazz quote that someone used earlier today? ("If you have to ask, you don't
get it."...or something like that.)

In this weeks image, verything is well exposed and all and the sign and
building is interesting I guess, but the composition has me completely off
balance. I guess because the live subjects are so cropped out of the
picture. (Maybe I need to break from the 'classic' composition 'rules' that
I was taught in photoschool in order to like street photography.)

Is it just not my thing?

Thanks for making me think at least. :)
Carpe Luminem,
Michael