Subject: Re: [Leica] Thumbnail size
From: "Michael E. Bérubé" <MEB@goodphotos.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 09:51:49 -0500

With my PAW project I haven't put more than one 'thumbnail' on to a page
and it is always 25% the size of the 'full sized' image. The full sized
images I have left at about 400X600 (roughly) so that folks like me on a
small 800X600 resolution screen (laptop) can view the entire image without
having to scroll around it.

I would suggest that if you are making thumbnailed images that will all be
placed on the same page, either do as Mark did with his great scooter
images and 'clip them' (it also serves to intrigue your guests into looking
at the image) or to make them only large enough to be able to tell what the
full sized image is, without any significant detail. Anyone on a dialup
connection will thank you for keeping DL time to a minimum. (There was a
study bouncing about the net a few years ago that suggested that with DL
times of more than a minute or so for any one page, most surfers won't
bother to wait and will move on.)

Can't wait to see what you put up.
Michael E. Bérubé