Subject: Re: [Leica] Thanks & Film/Airport Security
From: Nathan Wajsman <belgiangator@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 00:49:33 -0800 (PST)

Robert,

See my other posting in response to Roger's email. But
in short, the answers to your questions are:

I will be taking rolls
> of Fuji Color 100,
> Kodachrome, and ten each of HP5 and XP2.  Should I
> be concerned about
> the film going through the security machines?

NO, as long as you keep the film in carry-on luggage.

 > I'd like to keep the film in the boxes but I'm
> afraid the security folks
> will insist they go through the machine.

This will not harm your films.

> So, I will
> probably put all
> film into plastic bags.

Don't bother.

> I plan to purchase several
> rolls of Ilford 3200
> while in Paris to use inside.  Should I be concerned
> about it going
> through the machines because I understand the
> security people at Roissy
> - Charles de Gaulle do not conduct hand inspections?

No, I have taken D3200 through machines at several
European airports (exposed and unexposed), without any
problems with fogging.

Nathan