Subject: [Leica] RE: Visoflex for R lenses
From: "Sal DiMarco,Jr." <sdmp007@pressroom.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 07:04:50 -0500

Luggers,
    Dan brings up a very very interesting idea.
    But, just think about it for a second....... Such a Viso/R rig would
have to be about a half inch thick for R-lenses to focus at infinity.
    It would have to use either a beam splitter or a flexible mirror
assembly....
    I would buy one if it could be made....
    Specifically what R-lenses are they talking about in Leica Fotographie?
Pre-set lenses no problem,  automatic lenses, plenty of problems. In the
story they mention the 800mm f/6.3 Telyt. Well, this lens was originally
offered  in a Visoflex mount and changing one from an R to an M-mount is
very easy.
     Lastly, let us not forget we are dealing with Leica Fotographie and
they are noted for the translation difficulties.
    Still, a fascinating idea.
Happy Snaps,
Sal DiMarco, Jr.
Philadelphia, PA