Subject: RE: [Leica] focus inaccuracies: my test results
From: "Dan Honemann" <danh@selectsa.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 07:55:33 -0500

John,

Your understanding is correct--just replace .7 meters with .75 meters (29.5
inches, or roughly 2.5 feet).  Another LUGger has his 75 with Leica NJ now
to fix this very same problem, so we'll see what they do as a remedy.  One
option would always be to prevent the focus ring from turning past 2.5 feet
toward min. focus.

As for the Hexar, I've heard (again and again) that Konica does not support
use of Leica lenses on the camera, despite the M-style mount.  That's a real
shame, because this camera offers benefits no M has--like 1/125s synch,
1/4000s shutter, AE and a usable motor drive.

I'll see if I can have my Hexar adjusted to work more precisely with my 35
asph, as this is the lens I planned on welding to this body.

Dan