Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: Shudder-Bug (who's right?)
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 17:02:32 -0500

At 03:59 PM 1/25/2001 -0500, Andrew Moore wrote:
>Maybe both Bob and the ads are correct.  I don't mean to start any rumors
>but isn't is possible that there are variations of the T* coating?  When
>Bob or Zeiss or whomever says that the whatever-lenses aren't T* maybe he
>means that there was a slight change in the T* formula.  It's still T*,
>but not the same T*.

No, Bob was just plain wrong on this one.  T* is T*, and ALL Zeiss
photographic lenses with only a couple of exceptions have been so coated
since 1973.  The final decade of 2.8F Rolleiflex production came with
multi-coated Planar lenses which were T* coated but not so marked, by the way.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!