Subject: Re: [Leica] More PAW's question re comments asked for.
From: Nathan Wajsman <>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 22:56:50 +0100

Hi Ted,

I think that, by definition, when one announces to the world that one's picture
are there to be viewed, then one better be ready to be criticised as well as

I welcome all comments, good, bad and in-between.

Ted Grant wrote:

> Hello Luggers
> For all of you who have been posting PAWs etc..
> Many of you request comments. I'd like to suggest when posting that you've
> got images for others to view, that you ALSO indicate:
> If you'd like comments, whether you'd like to have an honest appraisal
> (i.e., constructive criticism with suggestions for how the image could have
> been improved) as well as praise
> Whether you'd like those comments to come to you personally or as a LUG post
> where everyone might learn from the comment
> Lately I've looked at a lot of pictures posted by all of you. And though
> I've seen many excellent images, I've seen a number which could have been
> improved by a simple tweaking. In other words, do you want this to be a
> learning activity as well as showing your stuff?
> Critiquing is a great way to learn. But one has to be ready for the good,
> bad and the ugly comments! This means telling someone how they could have
> improved the image as well as telling them what was good about it.
> ted
> Ted Grant Photography Limited

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland

General photo site:
Belgium photo site:
Motorcycle site:

Message from "Ted Grant" <> ([Leica] More PAW's question re comments asked for.)