Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica IIIf dim rangefinder
From: Robert Browne <rbrowne@iopener.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 05:42:36 -0800

 Hailu Shack wrote:

I have a Leica IIIf (w/black synchro dial).

Here is my problem:  Some internal element(s) of the rangefinder make the
image dim; not sharply contratsty.  I know that it is something internal
because I have cleaned the external glass without appreciable effect.

I had the same problem with my IIIf. I sent it to DAG (Don Goldberg) who cleaned the rangefinder and replaced the beam splitter prism. The result was a great improvement in brightness and contrast. Don does excellent screwmount Leica repairs.

DAG Camera Repair
(608) 838-4769

Call him for price and turnaround time. Rangefinder repair is less expensive when combined with a general CLA (if needed).

Robert