Subject: [Leica] Blueprinting : off topic
From: V8PWR@aol.com
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 13:56:27 EST

Dans un courrier daté du 19/01/01 16:15:59 Paris, Madrid, jbcollier@home.com
a écrit :

<< It is common
 for race winners of restrictive classes to have to remove their heads and
 have the bore and stroke checked.

 "Gosh! I did not realise my engine was 20 cubic inches bigger than stock. It
 must been a factory mistake!"

 John Collier

Hello John . I think heads are no longer removed to check displacement .
Now they use another method based on liquid forced by the plug(s) hole
when the piston is at BTC( bottom dead center ) , while the valves motion
is stopped by removing the corresponding rockers . Then they mesure
how much liquid is pushed out of the cylinder by bringing the piston at
TDC ( top dead center )
Am I not right ?

Jo Goodtimes , France .
airborne radar tech