Subject: RE: [Leica] Re-computer 50mm Summilux-M
From: Jem Kime <jem.kime@cwcom.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 17:22:33 -0000

Dan,
In the race to get the new Apo Asphs to the market place I understand that they were at first made with ground elements using
optical units supplied by the old Leitz factory in Midland Ontario. Now Hughes Corporation(?)
I also understood that the plan was to shift all production to Solms (where they mould aspheric elements) as soon as possible.
I'm presuming that the transition has already occurred as this was talked about two years or so ago.

Jem