Subject: Re: [Leica] Cost-effective R lenses
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 10:36:36 -0500

Absolutely, Greg!  I had never used a long lens until I bought the 400 and
560/6.8 to take to Kenya.  I'm so impressed with the quality of those
lenses!  And I had no problem holding them with Doug's shoulder stock.  The
R6.2 with the 560 and shoulder stock attached make an intimidating looking
package but only one person commented to me about it.  In a game park, a
man with a British accent said, "Now that's a proper camera!"  I agreed.

Leically,

Tina

At 07:51 PM 1/18/01 -0500, you wrote:
>A terrible oversight has been committed!
>
>To leave the old Telyts off of a list of extraordinary-value-for-the-cost,
>new or used, is just not right...the f5.6 400/560, and the f6.8 400/560
>lenses produce fine images, and especially fine pictures for the buck.  Good
>examples can be found today for a reasonable few hundred U$.
>
>And they still make fine photos.
>
>While the new 280/400/560 APO modulars are capable of wonderful photographs,
>there are plenty of used cars cheaper.  Admittedly, those cars do not make
>very good images.
>
>Enjoy the light.
>
>Greg

Tina Manley, ASMP