Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 or Autofocus? AF for sure
From: Ted <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 06:52:36 -0800

Austin Franklin wrote:

> 'counter-clockwise'<<<<<

They went around good old fashion north American counter clock wise! The biggest
problem always on the dirt tracks was from dust and after I developed the film
the next chore while film was drying was to clean the camera out as much as I
could.

But it never failed me and I got where I could crank the handle fast enough to
get 3 frames shot before a crash was completed and the car was upside down, in
the air and ending on it's side, roof or wherever. Although with only 12
pictures per roll I didn't get into many of those as the B&W 8X10 prints were
sold for a princely sum of 1 dollar each.

Although on many afternoons I'd go home with  $50.00 in my pocket and orders for
20 more to be delivered the next race day in a week.

Biggest problem always was having a car come flying onto the in field, and on
more than a few occasions I had to illustrate my fleet footedness to miss
becoming a statistic! ;-)

ted Grant