Subject: Re: [Leica] Cost-effective R lenses
From: Doug Herr <merlin@flyingemu.com>
Date: 18 Jan 2001 20:18:52 -0800

On Thu, 18 January 2001, "Greg Bicket" wrote:

> A terrible oversight has been committed!
>
> To leave the old Telyts off of a list of extraordinary-value-for-the-cost,
> new or used, is just not right...the f5.6 400/560, and the f6.8 400/560
> lenses produce fine images, and especially fine pictures for the buck.  Good
> examples can be found today for a reasonable few hundred U$.

I wasn't going to mention them until I had complete control of the market :)

Absolutely true, they're excellent optics at bargain prices.  I've even known some LUGgers to use 'em to make marketable pictures when "everybody" knows that AF and IS are "must have" technology.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
The ALL NEW CS2000 from CompuServe
 Better!  Faster! More Powerful!