Subject: [Leica] Re: Kodachrome 200
From: "Sal DiMarco,Jr." <sdmp007@pressroom.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 18:45:35 -0500

LUGGERS,
    Please let me repeat it again, so you all understand it...
    At this point in time Kodak is NOT discontinuing Kodachrome 200.
    They are discontinuing only  the professional version PKL.
    For those of you who do not know, all the professional and consumer
films are cut from the same large rolls.
    The only difference is the professional film is sold closer to it
optimum "aim point." The consumer films are expected to spend more time on
dealers shelves and in the users cameras. So, they calculate this into the
picture when they ship the film.
    Now, before anyone starts to panic, let me add, Kodachrome is a member
of the Kodak "Select" family of films. These films are aimed at the serious
photographer.                 Therefore, it is logical to assume Kodal would
use the same care in distributing these films as they do with the
"professional" films.
    Please send Kodak e-mails telling them you like Kodachrome, may be they
will invest some money in further improving it.
Happy Snaps,
Sal