Subject: Re: [Leica] 75mm f1.4 Summilux-M & General use lenses
From: George Hartzell <hartzell@cs.berkeley.edu>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 09:46:29 -0800

TTAbrahams@aol.com writes:
 > [...] Of
 > course, the absolute dream would be to have the 50 frame in the M3 replaced
 > with an equal sized 75 frame, solid line and all, and magnified to give 0.91
 > magnification with the 75/1,4! Glue the 75 to the M3 and calibrate the
 > rangefinder to make full use of the wide-open capability of the 75/1,4. Now
 > there is a camera/lens combo!

I've been told that the M3 makes a great body for a noctilux wide
open.

Is the cool thing about the M3 (w/out the redesign discussed above)
that it has a higher mag viewfinder than the M6, that it has a longer
viewfinder baseline than the M6, or both.

If it's just a magnification thing, I'd be just as happy to hear the
story you wrote above, but on an M6.  Then I'd have a meter in the
body and everything.  If there's a longer baseline AND higher mag on
the M3, then focusing would be even more accurate.

g.