Subject: [Leica] Re: Shooting children with M6 -- HELP
From: Brougham <brougham3@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 07:58:30 -0800 (PST)

Johnny Deadman jotted down the following:

Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu> wrote:

> Another trick, with the Leica rangefinders, is to twist the lens in
> the direction that the ghost image in the RF patch needs to move.  If
> it's too far away, the ghost image will be on the left of the
> non-ghosted image.  Twist the lens towards the right (i.e.,
clockwise)
> and the ghost image moves towards the right (stop when they are in
> register -- duh ;) Helps you determine which direction to move the
> lens if you don't always keep it racked at one extreme or the other.

All this means is that you're spending way too much time thinking and
not enough time doing.  :)

If you're a touch-typist, you don't think about what finger you need
to move in order to form a word.  In fact, many common words are
"programmed" into my hands by now.  Likewise, I don't think about
which way I'm focusing the lens.  Or which way I'm turning the shutter
speed.  Just do it!  :)

If you have to think, you're not doing it nearly often enough!