Subject: [Leica] Fisheye Adaption
From: " " <vicmalta@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 22:59:29 -0500

        Mr. Firkin recently inquired as to the feasibility of putting
        a l6mm f2:8 Distagon Fisheye lens on a "R" body. I think there
        would be problems with the back focus, the Rolleiflex SL having
        a much shorter back focus. The Leica Reflex's have I believe,
        the longest flange to film plane distance of any 35mm SLR.
        49.5mm or there-a-bouts. In addition any automatic diaphragm
        functions would be lost.
- ---                                Respectfully
                                                Rich Palmer
- --- vicmalta@earthlink.net
- --- EarthLink: It's your Internet.