Subject: Re: [Leica] Konica HEXAR RF Limited + 50mm/f1.2 M-HEXANON
From: TTAbrahams@aol.com
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2000 21:55:03 EDT

 I have the 60/1,2 Hexanon that Konica made a couple of years ago. This was a
limited production item, 800 units made in 39 mm Screwmount. It is a nice
looking lens and comes with a high quality 60 bright-line finder. Optically
it is a respectable lens but no match for the Noctilux. It was based on the
elusive 57mm/1,2 from the 60's (existed both as a SLR lens for the Autoreflex
T and in a very small number as a Screwmount lens for Leica). The 'new"
version is updated with coating and some variations in the formula. It does
block a fair bit of the viewfinder as it is quite a large lens. The hood is
made to look like a 50/1,2 Noctilux hood and from a distance it is easy to
mistake them for each other. Of course, it has now become a collectible and
costs $2000 and up in Tokyo! You can use it on a Screwmount camera, but I
suspect that the weight puts a lot of stress on the mount.
Tom A