Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Users digest V17 #388
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2000 04:00:49 EDT

In a message dated 9/10/00 12:07:41 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us writes:

<< I have an old Valoy enlarger that came without a lens.  I have had
problems
 finding a lens to attach to it. It takes a small bayonet fitting that I can
 not match with a lens.  This fitting is not the same as the m-mount or
 r-mount.  Is there and adapter that I can obtain that allows me to use 39mm
 ltm lenses?  If so, how can I obtain one?

You can have one machined at a local shop out of about 1/8'' aluminum or
metal plate. You probably would need to make an accurate template from black
art board first. I suggest you base the new mount on a true enlarger lens.
And there are some great ones out there. I wouldn't use a camera lens for
enlarging. They're not designed for flat projection work. Altho I tried using
a 50mm Elmar. Frankly, I didn't care for the experience. I replaced it with a
50mm El Nikkor.