Subject: [Leica] New motordrive M
From: "Robert Appleby" <laintal@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2000 12:22:23 GMT

Sounds like the new motordrive for the M6 would be a nice thing to have, but
surely it'll just bounce the release up the same way the old one did? That
means holding at 3 fps isn't going to be much fun. I think the rapidwinder
is a better deal, although I certainly can't shoot any more than 1 fps with
that, the whole camera rocks when I try to (maybe others do it better), and
in any case it isn't something I ever really need to do. Its main advantage
is keeping the camera to the eye, IME.
The new .58 could be useful for wide angles, presumably it's meant to go
with the new 28, the ensemble sounds very useful. And with wideangles
focussing isn't quite so critical, I suppose.
Rob (who's on the plane back to Italy in 6 hours)