Subject: RE: [Leica] luna-pro digital meter question
From: Austin Franklin <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2000 16:57:12 -0400

> i'm assuming that when i get a reading of f 5.6 6, and on the scale below
> the space between 5.6 and 8 is indicated, that means proper exposure is
the
> half-stop between those two apertures (right?).

That is my understanding also.

 if that is true, what am i
> to make of the f 5.6 8 reading on top, while f 8 is indicated in the
scale
> below?

It is 'rounding up' in this case.  The analog scale only shows half f-stop
numbers, and since .8 is greater than 1/2 of 1/2 of an f-stop (did you
follow that ;-), it rounds up.  If it was .7, it would round down.

Best meter I have ever owned for all around easy to use, accurate results,
and versatility.  I love it!

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] luna-pro digital meter question)