Subject: Re: [Leica] les fleurs du mal: was OT: Nachtwey (was Personal portfolios of ...
From: ARTHURWG@aol.com
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 20:43:44 EDT

OK, John, the Nachtwey photos make you ask questions. But what are the
answers? What moral, ethical or spiritual "progress" have we made as a
result? What have those photos done to make things better?  Are we better for
seeing them? If so, how so? What change has come about as a result of
Nachtwey's actions?
  In 1945 we had pictures of the death camps in Germany. In 1995 we had
pictures from Rwanda. When the "unthinkable" happpens next week, next month
or next year, Nachtwey will probably be there to take pictures.

As much as I'd like to think otherwise, all this now comes under the heading
of "entertainment." Arthur

Replies: Reply from Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net> (Re: [Leica] les fleurs du mal: was OT: Nachtwey (was Personal portfolios of ...)