Subject: RE: [Leica] R8 Question now R6
From: Austin Franklin <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 18:44:23 -0400

I would rather use my M than any other camera I have...but it just doesn't
cover all bases for me.

I strongly considered getting a Leica SLR...the R8, though very nice, was
just too big, and since I had to get all new glass anyway, there was no
compelling reason not to look elsewhere.  I ended up with a Contax Aria.  I
love the Zeiss Hasselblad lenses, and figured I'd give the Zeiss Contax
lenses a try.  I use an SLR specifically in the two areas that the M
doesn't handle (as) well...very wide angle (18/4), macro (60C) and
telephoto (180/2.8).  I also use a Hasselblad SWA for wide angle shots...

BTW, anyone know of a Contax list?