Subject: [Leica] Voigtlander? Bessa R ad.
From: "sam" <salex@idt.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 13:01:34 -0400

> The (London) Daily Telegraph had in item a few years ago about the futility
> of trying to get money for an unpaid bill by from a company that advertised
> "...since 1756" (or something) when the company had gone bankrupt six
> months earlier, been bought by another company which continued to trade
> from the old address and in the same line of business but under a slightly
> changed name while using the "...since 1756".  The man who wanted his money
> argued that if they used "...since 1756", then they should pay old bills,
> even if the new company was a different legal entity from the old one. I
> sympathize with him.

A few years ago, in NYC, Willoughby's, the "B&H of the 50's-70's", went
bankrupt. They refused to honor a 260.00 credit I had been holding.

The store re-opened as Willoughby's. . .with the "since 1896" - or whatever
the date was for the original Willoughby's - still used. But I was told that
the credit was still worthless, since they new owners had just bought the
name.  No problem there, but they should not use the date, IMO.

sam