Subject: Re: [Leica] OT Omega enlarger aligning
From: "Richard E. Baznik" <reb10@po.cwru.edu>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 11:21:47 -0400

When I bought a used D2V about seven years ago, it came with a short strip
of 35mm film from Simmons on which they had printed positive patterns --
rectangles and such that span the entire frame area. The seller suggested
using a focusing device to make sure that the pattern elements in each
portion of the frame area were simultaneously in focus to ensure that the
stage is parallel with the base. I've used this a couple times to make
small adjustments.

The mounting clips for the lens board are another place to check, since the
tension of the clips is adjustable by turning screws. If these screws are
too loose, the board may be out of parallel with the stage.///Dick Baznik
______