Subject: [Leica] Robert Appelby's softies have arrived!
From: Rick Dykstra <rdandcb@cybermac.com.au>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 14:50:33 +1000

Some will recall the 'softy race' Robert kicked off a few weeks back -
two free Abrahamson Softys to the first person to reply.  Because Robert
was kind enough to fire the starting gun while most on list would have
been tucked up in bed, little ol me over here in Oz read the email,
thought, gee I wonder who won, clicked on the down arrow and then
realised I was already at the bottom of the list.  'Cripes, this just
came in!'.

With visions of 800 odd people doing the same as me, my fingers flew
with a not too eloquent reply, something like 'I'll have 'em!'  Then a
fumble for the mouse and an extra heavy click on 'Send'.

Well, they're here today, all the way from Italy.  Thanks to Robert for
the softys and for the couple of billion lire postage.

My Leica Fotographie was also in the letterbox.  This is a good day.

Regards, and thanks again Rob (if you're out there).

Rick (haven't seen any spiders in that letterbox since the neighborhood
kids blew it up again last Guy Fawkes night.  I just keep nailing it
back together.  I wonder who'll win ....) Dykstra