Subject: Re: [Leica] M-Rokkor story
From: Stephen Gandy <Stephen@CameraQuest.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 13:57:10 -0700

Well Erwin,

I wonder where you got your information.

I have never seen any any official Leica publication saying the original CL
40/2's were multicoated.  If you have, what is the source ?

I have a letter from Minolta  confirming that the CLE lenses were multicoated.
In testing the Minolta CLE,  Modern Photography also said the Minolta lenses
were multi-coated, while commenting that the earlier 40/2 lenses "appear not to
be."

A close look at the CLE brochure shows a similar optical design to the original
CL lenses, but the elements do not appear to be identical. Though similar, the
shape of the 3rd element is different than the published cross section in the CL
brochure.

I readily admit I am not an optical expert, but then I regard no one as an
optical expert who has not worked as a lens designer and/or has a degree or long
apprenticeship in optical design with a major lens maker.

Stephen Gandy

Replies: Reply from Stephen Gandy <Stephen@CameraQuest.com> (Re: [Leica] M-Rokkor story)
Reply from william@penbex.com.tw (William) (Re: [Leica] M-Rokkor story)