Subject: Re: [Leica] BW developments
From: Rich Lahrson <tripspud@wenet.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 16:57:16 -0700

Shel Belinkoff wrote:
> Please forgive my ignorance, especially if this subject has come up
> before, but why is this so?  If Leica glass is as good as its
> reputation, why should one type of emulsion be a better medium than
> another?  And, if B&W is better in some way, how is it better?  Please
> define better.

Hi Shel,

     Just looking at resolution, the formula is additive.  Let's say,
for example your lens resolves 200 lpm and your film resolves 100 lpm.
That's 1/200 plus 1/100 equalling 3/200.  If the lens is still 200 lpm
but the film is 50 lpm, then, 1/200 plus 1/50 equals 5/200, quite a bit
less resolution.

					Cheers,

							Rich Lahrson
							tripspud@wenet.net