Subject: RE: [Leica] Suggestions for Europe Trip
From: chucko@siteconnect.com (Chuck Albertson)
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 21:34:55 -0700

Peter,

The 24 is a great lens, but don't buy it just before you leave on a trip.
Learn to see with it before taking it somewhere you've never seen before.
Save the money, and buy more film instead. I'd skip the tripod, too---even
if the group you're traveling with are good friends, they're going to get
fed up waiting for you to set it up, take it down, etc.

And don't carry any film in checked baggage. Strip it out of the cans, carry
it in heavy plastic bags, and ask for a hand-check instead of having it
x-rayed at the airport security checks. You likely won't get it (at European
airports, anyway), but it's worth a try.

3) Wide Angle Lens

I'm contemplating the purchase of a 24 or 21mm M Lens,
in order to capture everything. One of my concerns it
that the usage will not justify the cost (possibly
$1500).

3) Any other things you would suggest???