Subject: Re: [Leica] U.S. Customs
From: Marshall Hunt <huntmc2@fuse.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2000 00:49:32 -0400

There is a form you can fill out--you're supposed to have
the equipment there for inspection, but they never looked. I
always listed everything foreign, including watches and
Swiss Army knife, and they never looked.

The last time we went through Kennedy, my wife and
10-year-old son and I were pulled  out of the line and told
to take our baggage straight through.  The man behind me
announced he was ready to go through also, and the last I
saw him, he had his hand baggage open on the floor, and two
customs men were going through it.

When crossing at Niagara Falls many times, our whole car was
searched because we had my hippy dippy sister in the back
seat--only problem ever.

The funniest time was when my wife imported 20 kilos of
glucose powder. Customs finally called her and asked what it
was because they couldn't identify it.  She said sugar, and
they apologized and sent it on the next flight.