Subject: Re: [Leica] U.S. Customs
From: "William Ferris" <billferris@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 20:25:50 -0400

In the early 70's, I registered my camera gear, but have not done it since
that time.  Camera equipment is cheapest in the US so customs agents don't
care about that equipment.  I have travelled in most parts of the world
since then and have entered thru LA, SF, Seattle, NY, Dallas and Miami and
have NEVER been asked about the cameras.

I regularly go to Toronto and always carry a camera and have never been
asked about it (them) even in Toronto (where I hear Leicas are cheaper!!).

Peace of mind may call for registering your gear.  After all, I am putting
hurricane shutters on my house and hoping I never have to use them!!

Bill