Subject: Re: [Leica] flare in shadows
From: ralph fuerbringer <rof@mac.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 15:16:54 -0400

 i formally challenged ed meyers to duel on extra free density with uncoated
optics.  i have both versions of the sonnar f1.5 in contax mts, he has a
gismo to put them on the leica rf. i offered to do the tests or let him do
it. i suggested provira 100f as it is
a new emulsion (also was free) and presumedly free of halation  in case that
was tied to past illusionary results.etc. flatiron(cheap) processing would
also eliminate variables in film processing etc. lets face it ed is yellow.
 declined to test, said he was talking b&w. i replied i was talking
photographic emulsions devoid of processing manipulations,etc.
mark is right: his remark below is prime snide.
we'll let mark decide if i replied competently.   ralph