Subject: Re: [Leica] Some ideas for a new R
From: Stephen Gandy <Stephen@CameraQuest.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 10:08:10 -0700

As far as I am concerned, the new R should be the New Nikon or the new EOS.

What's important is the Leica glass, and Leica seems to have most of their
problems with SLR bodies.

By offering Leica glass in Nikon and Canon mounts, it's my guess sales and
profits would far exceed Leica R profits.  Any company that can't introduce a
motor for their flagship SLR at the same time the body goes on sale,  is showing
obvious production  problems.

Stephen Gandy