Subject: Re: [Leica] "notoriously crappy" lens
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2000 14:41:00 -0700

Edward Meyers wrote:

> There are no crappy lenses. Each one has its own "look", be
> it a summar 50mm f/2 wide-open beautiful flare, or a 50mm Elmar
><Snip>

Shall we define our terms! Or I should!
IN this case (and yes we are all sick of this tread) the collapsible was a
compromised formula from the stiff one!
We don't want that do we?! :)
THAT's what I must have meant when I used that so excellent term. (Which we
don't use lightly!)
Mark (non delusional) Rabiner
crappy=compromised
its supposed to be the same only it collapses!
Taint so! Tarnished goods! Elements removed and/or repositioned.
notoriously=I'm not the only one who is supposed to know this!