Subject: Re: [Leica] "notoriously crappy" lens
From: Edward Meyers <aghalide@panix.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2000 17:15:39 -0400 (EDT)

There are no crappy lenses. Each one has its own "look", be
it a summar 50mm f/2 wide-open beautiful flare, or a 50mm Elmar
f/3.5 stopped down to f/8 resultingin magnificent contrast and
sharpness. I use the Summitar collapsible in addition
to the 50mm Summilux and 50mm Summicron, as well as a
50mm f/2 Carl Zeiss Sonnar in british screw-mount Leica
adapter. They all perform differently and wonderfully.
They have their own character. Ed

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] "notoriously crappy" lens)