Subject: Re: [Leica] Would Ansel Adams shoot Leica
From: "M.E.Berube - GoodPhotos" <meb@goodphotos.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2000 10:16:02 -0400

Adams did shoot with 35mm cameras. Most of the people shots that he did
were shot with a Contax II and Tessars, but in his book "The Camera" under
small format he has pictured an M4-2 and plugs Leica repeatedly. In "An
Ansel Adams Guide: Basic Techniques of Photography" (John P. Schaefer)
Adams is quoted as saying "In general, I favor a tripod-mounted veiw camera
for static subjects that invite contemplation--or a small hand-held camera
for 'the decisive moment'."

Shooting with a small camera also doesn't stop you from taking your time to
'sit and plan the shot' it's just that a view camera FORCES you to.

Also, once you've got the hang of a Hassy (the smaller models like the
500CM) they really handle as easy as any modern bulky 35mm SLR.
If you want Bulk and Size get an RB or RZ 67. Even these with practice can
be handled as easily as a 35mm SLR. (And they are great for building that
upper body strength!)

Carpe Luminem,
Michael E. Berube

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Would Ansel Adams shoot Leica)