Subject: Re: [Leica] M4-P: Vivitar 283 or 285
From: Krechtz@aol.com
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 17:47:43 EDT

I saw the battery holder/case and cords on closeout at a local old-line
camera shop a few years back.  The owner told me the batteries were difficult
to get, very heavy to lug around and potentially dangerous.  I believe they
carried 510 volts.  The amperage was not considered high enough to be lethal
in and of itself, but a careless user could get quite a jolt if he got his
wires crossed, with possible injury as a result.
He talked me out of trying the rig.

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] M4-P: Vivitar 283 or 285)