Subject: Re: [Leica] Minolta question
From: Gary Elshaw <gary.elshaw@vuw.ac.nz>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 17:57:25 +1200

Capsteeth wrote:

>Sounds like one of the "Hi-Matic" models from the very early 70's.  Are you
>sure the lens wasn't Minolta-Rokkor, not Nikkor?  I don't remember Nikon
>pairing down with Minolta, only Leica did that.  If it's in working
>condition, you don't have much to lose for $20.  A better buy from the era is
>the Konica Auto S-2 or S-1.6.

I went past it again today and it is a Hi-Matic 'S' (Swish?), and yup, it
is a Minolta/Rokkor lens. Have you used this camera? There's something
about it that looks like fun!

Take care,
Gary

"The difficulty now is that unexceptional adults believe the loss of
youthful dreaming is itself "growing up," as though adulthood were
the passive conclusion to a doomed activity and hope during
adolescence."

OO             The Uses of Disorder
[_]<|          Personal Identity and City Life -- Richard Sennett
  /|\
Gary Elshaw
Post-Grad Film Student
Victoria University