Subject: [Leica] To ROM or not to ROM
From: "Miro Jurcevic" <miroj@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 23:49:59 +1000

Further to my thread about the R7 and R8, I have purchased several two-cam
lenses in mint condition and have the option of making them either '3 cam'
or 'ROM'

I have been advised that the 3 cam conversion (no less than $120 USD in
Australia) is largely wasted if the lens goes to ROM conversion. The ROM
conversion is much more invasive and not similar to the 3rd cam fix up and
costs at least $200 USD.

Would a ROM lense retain its value better than a 3 cam lense, given that the
lenses are flawless and I may trade them in one day ?

Miro

Replies: Reply from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] To ROM or not to ROM)